As mentioned in an earlier post, it is a good idea to create a separate personal account in addition to the one assigned by your school. There are several benefits, these include:
- It allows you to keep your personal messages separate from your school account so you can manage both more efficiently
- It can provide you with the means to reset your school password by yourself. You will have to submit your alternate email address to us for this feature to be enabled. See This Post for further details
- It keeps your school account free of unnecessary clutter
- You have a backup in case one account does not work
- You learn how to create and manage a different account
There are several web-based email service providers you can use to create your new account. Some popular ones have been listed below. When you click on the name, it will take you to a guide for setting up an account for the respective email service.
You are free to use any other service with which you are familiar, feel comfortable or prefer. Search the Internet for alternative services and guides.